ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is a de facto standard in information security management. Its requirements can be applied by any organization regardless of its industry and business area or technology it uses.
Where the information security management system is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013, it bridges the business decision-making level with the operational level of information security, ensuring that your information security activities are effective, meet the applicable requirements and adequately stand up to threats.
Benefits of the Information Security Management
The adoption of an information security management system compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 makes it possible to:
- Optimize costs of information security;
- Minimize risks of potential damage to the organization's assets if the threat is carried out;
- Reduce OpEx on information security by making information security more transparent;
- Ensure that the information security level is in line with legislation, industry regulations, contract requirements, internal rules and business goals.
The gap analysis is strongly recommended if:
- You provide services to your customers. It is especially important if you render services that involve processing your customers' critical information. Examples may include banking, insurance, outsourcing, consulting services, etc. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification will help you gain trust of your customers in the services you offer.
- You do business with large partner companies, including foreign ones, and your interactions with them are both frequent and extensive. With the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance certificate, you will be able to raise their esteem for you.
- You are planning to enter the global market. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is a great way to boost the confidence of new foreign partners and customers in your company.
- You are planning to issue IPO. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification will contribute a lot to your company's capitalization and help to make information security management processes more transparent.
- You are a public company. Being a great contribution to the company's capitalization and to the transparency of its information security management processes, the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification, therefore, will make it easier for you to handle financial audits.
- You are doing business in a rather competitive market. Delivering marketing and competitive advantages, the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification will help you to stand out of other market players.
- You have business-critical nonpublic information (know-how, proprietary developments, etc.). With the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification, you will get an independent external assessment and verification of the efficiency of processes you use to manage and protect your business critical information.
- You have frequent interactions with regulators and other inspection authorities. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance certificate makes you feel more confident during regulators' audits and inspections, and sometimes even simplifies those procedures.
ISO 27001 Certification in TÜV SÜD
The certification audit for compliance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 includes the following steps:
- Defining the audit scope, audit planning;
- Stage 1. Examining the company's documentation for its compliance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013;
- Stage 2. Auditing the integration of the information security management system;
- Reporting on findings of the assessment, recommending that the company should be certified as compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
TMS RUS has a pool of competent and experienced auditors qualified to carry out ISO 27001 certification audits in all industry sectors.
REQUEST FOR CERTIFICATION
ISO 27001 Training
Staff training is one of the most effective tools for any organization to achieve its strategic goals. TMS RUS trainings will forge your competitive edge!
OUR TRAINING PROGRAMS